Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sandringham Walkabout


Melbourne is situated at the northern tip of Port Phillip Bay and its suburban extents wrap all around the sides this body of water. In mid-August, we took the commuter rail (see link for maps) to the end of the Sandringham line and hoofed it back to our apartment (b/w Balaclava and Windsor stations on said line). Port Phillip Bay is almost totally enclosed by land so we won't find any waves, but we've never lived so close to a beach so the sun and sand are a pretty good start.




Brighton Beach Houses

Melissa


Eric

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures.
It's still sort of hard to believe you two actually live there.
i'm pretty jealous, and i feel the draw to stay in one of those beach houses for a while. they look so tiny, but I'd bet they're expensive. do people live in them, or what?

Anyway, today's your anniversary!!
Congratulations. You guys are amazing.
I was thinking of sending you a telegram since a while back, but then forgot. isnt that the Rivers' way? heheh. I shouldnt have told you... well, maybe I'll surprise you another time.
Love you guys! Missing you lots.

~k8

ps. post more on your blog soon!

7:13 AM, September 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I thought it would show the date, but it didnt. Well you already know, today's the 27th. of September! ;)
xo ~ kate

7:15 AM, September 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, it is that time again, happy anniversary!!
It's good to see that you still have your pork roots. keep on keepin on.
oh yeah, and put up more pictures!
please =)

4:06 AM, October 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home